Healy Contracting is a family owned and operated general contracting company. So we understand your home being your most important investment you have. As a family owned general contractor you can rest assured your home will receive the same attention and care that we ourselves give to our home. With three generations, over 25 years of experience in the business and a proven track record of success, Healy Contracting continues to lead the industry in storm repair needs. Call us now and let us help you restore not just home, but your lives as well.
We understand that choosing a roofing contractor is a difficult and even stressful process. Our staff of professionals want to be of service to you in such a manner that we put together a list of things to look for in choosing your roofing contractor. You as a homeowner will have a greater chance for success if you choose a contractor that meets these standards. Avoid potential problems by researching all of these issues.
1. Does your contractor carry insurance. - Most roofing companies claim that they carry Insurance. Ask to see proof of insurance and verify coverage. All roofingcontractors should carry a copy of their Insurance with them.
2. Is your contractor a member of The Better Business Bureau or Angie's Lists? - Your chosen contractor needs to be a member of the Better Business Bureau. This requirement should be at the top of your priority list. Call the Better Business Bureau and ask for their rating. You can also find out if any claims have been made against them.
3. Does your contractor have a list of current customer referrals? - Referrals will let you know whether or not your roofing contractor does quality work. All roofing contractors should have a referral list readily available. Ask to see a list of installations in your area. Take the time to drive and see their work for yourself. Photos do not always tell the entire story.
4. Is your contractor asking for money up front? - A good roofing contractor NEVER asks for money before work begins. Your selected contractor should have enough money or credit to pay for their material and labor until after the job is finished and collected. If your roofing contractor does not have the money to handle your job up front, then it is highly likely that they will not be in business long enough to honor their warranty period.
5. Does your contractor offer a lein waiver after completion of job? - Contractors are notorious for this one! If your contractor does not offer lien wavers on their work, then " DO NOTENTER AN AGREEMENTWITH THIS COMPANY ". If your contractor does not pay his material and/or labor you can be sued for the payment. You may be at risk for paying your contractor's material and labor costs even after you have paid your final invoice. Always insist on receiving a lien waver at the time you make your final payment. Make sure that you also obtain a receipt that reflects your bill is paid in full.
6. How do you feel about your contractor? - You need to feel good about the company that you hire as your contractor. Do not sign an agreement if you have any reservations. Research this company's background while you interview other potential contractors. A good contractor will understand that you as the homeowner must have full confidence and will take the time necessary to ensure your complete satisfaction. Once your concerns are addressed and you are fully satisfied with your findings, you are then ready to enter into an agreement.
All the steps above are vitally important to consider when choosing your contractor. Please take the time and caution to go over each and every step with each contractor you consider for your choice of contractor. It truely can be the difference between hearing about the horrible stories of choosing the wrong contractor and being the one who chose the wrong contractor. We thank you for allowing us your time and consideration and look forward to being your choice of contractor in the future.
Get a Quote
We would like to thank you for stopping by Healy Contracting.com and giving us a chance to earn your business. We hope you found all the information hear informative and easy to understand. We would love to hear your feedback about our company and it's website so that we may be better able to suit your needs in the future. As always, we appreciate your time with us and hope you look to Healy Contracting in the future for all of your contracting needs.